Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What is 8" tall by 20" long and smells like a Frito?

This is Maggie, our heifer/Basset Hound. She doesn't run away, she moseys away. Fortunately for her, when she follows a scent away from our home many people stop to watch. A Labrador Retriever on a solo walk wouldn't look so bizarre, but Maggie clearly is a dog that belongs on a Sealy Posturepedic. She draws a lot of attention when she leaves our home unchaperoned. Typically the phone calls start coming in before we even realize she's gone. Usually, the caller on the other end is laughing because Maggie is just so darn funny to look at, nose to the ground waddling slowly on a mission, unaware of the world around her. Maggie is excellent comic relief for me as well, when I'm feeling blue I just need to go look at her to put a smile on my face. She followed a scent out of the basement and up the street today. Lars got the phone call and dashed out to get her. She's been a bit snoozey ever since.
Now for a quick Ultimette update, at her growth ultrasound today we learned: her head is in my left rib, she's got a cute nose, she weighs 2lbs and 15-ounces.

Peace, love and Bassett Hounds!

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Our 3 canine children never cease to put a smile on my face and bring a warmth to my day. They keep me company, sleep with me at night, and curl close to me as I tap away this comment. Life would be so sad and empty without them. Maggie looks pretty comfy on "her" bed. I'll bet she let's you share it with her :)

Jamie Payne said...

Jason likes to say that since having 2 legged children, our 4 legged children are horribly neglected. Bah! I find them lounging on the back of the couch, on the bed or by the back door. They have a full 1 1/2 acres of fenced in back yard to cruise around and they go to the spa every 6 weeks for a bath and trim. I haven't had a haircut since Jan 21st so obviously you can tell where my priorities are.

Mommela said...

Where would we be without our 4-legged babies? Lost, lost, lost. Lea loves the photo of her and Maggie loving each other up. Glad to hear Ultimette is growing nicely!