Monday, September 15, 2008

Moments from the weekend.

Little Annabeaner came home from gymnastics on Friday, put on her footie jammies, got out a bowl and a spoon to have cereal and then fell asleep.
Soren, my little Brazilian played some soccer. He announced to everyone in a 50-yard radius that he was the best player on the team. I was a little embarrassed, but told him to put his money where his mouth is. He went on to score 2-goals. The girls had games, too.

Lars shaved off his facial hair, grilled in our back yard, and drank 17-beers.
Our friends came over for grilling. We put the kids in the basement with a movie and then pulled out Rock Band. Mike Fab is on vocals, Karah Magnificent is on drums.

Jeff Magnificent is on drums, now, and Greg Fab is on guitar. Kristen Fab and I were the doo-wop girls.

I turned 31-years old. There was an ice cream cake, but I didn't get any. Ultimette got a piece, though. On a side note, Kristen brought me a birthday donut that morning at our girls' soccer game. Annike and I shared it.

Annike and I compared girths. Not sure who won, you be the judge.
Other tidbits: Annike decided we should name Ultimette 'Peaches Pineapple'; Maggie was groomed on topped off with a pink bow; the lawyer from my lawsuit (that I'm not supposed to talk about) called to say that the plaintiff finally showed up for her deposition and that it is still is a bogus lawsuit but none-the-less there is much to do; Petra has another snaggle tooth; Lars has gone Facebook wild, checks it every 5-minutes and brags to me about all his 'friends'; we may have finally decided what to do with Soren and Ultimette's room but all bets are off as to when we'll do it.
Today: Soren has karate after-school, Petra has soccer after that, then I have to go to work. There's a full-moon tonight -- wish me luck!






4 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Ummmm...you didn't mention birthday gifts. Because I thought a certain someone had gotten you a special something, I had held off sending your gift so as not to spill the beans. I guess I'll send your gift anyway and hope that you got the gift of your dreams.

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! I'm so glad you have found good friends in California. Your Michigan friends still miss you, though!

I'm defending my dissertation next week--wish me luck!

Jamie Payne said...

I think Annike has got you beat:) That picture of her crashed out with a cereal bowl cracks me up. I wish the boys would collapse like that!

Display said...

Happy birthday!

BTW, have you seen this article about food? I thought you might enjoy it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/17/dining/17diet.html