Monday, September 29, 2008

Very Vomit-y

We came to an agreement last night. I'm staying home. I called my boss, she was none-to-pleased, but understood. Shortly after I placed the phone call to her last night, Petra started puking. I had to get down on my hands and knees and scrub emesis out of the grout in the bathroom, not pleasant, but I got to use bleach -- I love a good excuse to use bleach. Poor Petra proceeded to vomit every hour until 3am, at which point she developed a high fever and was absolutely miserable. I had her sleep next to me (and Maggie) all night because I was paranoid she would have seizures or something. Although Soren is feeling much better, he still is out of sorts. Lars slept in the Grandma Room which is strictly against the rules of the Grandma Room, sometimes you have to break the rules. During one of our bathroom visits last night, I was holding Petra's hair back when I figured that I was probably next with all this monstrosity so I threw my hair up on top of my head. I was very pleased when I woke up this morning and realized that I hadn't been sick, a little disappointed in my hair-do, though. We kept Annike home for good measure, she was very sleepy this morning and didn't wake up until after 8am. We took that as a sign that there was still more to come, however, at this point she seems just fine. Lastly, Maggie was out on the lawn just a bit ago puking. It's ironic because I'm pretty sure that my kids have a species-specific virus, maybe it was a sympathy puke on Maggie's behalf. What a sweetie!

1 comment:

Mommela said...

May the vomit be limited to only two kids and one dog! And, yeah, there's nothing like the smell of good, strong bleach to let you know you've really c-l-e-a-n-e-d!