Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's Always More Fun to Share With Everyone

Sports Saturday!
I suppose you, my adoring public, would like an explanation for the above picture. Karah, with the blanket wrapped around herself, is 'hosting' Lars and Petra in her shelter. I realized that Petra had her soccer shorts on backwards (later realized the same about her undershirt) once we got to her game. Karah was simply providing her with a little modesty while Daddy wriggled her out of her shorts and flipped them around.
All straightened out, Petra joined her teammates on the field as left-defender. Half the team doesn't have their uniforms yet, hence, Petra's improvisation with the backwards shorts. Lars left Petra's game at 8:30 to take Soren to his 8:45 game. I left Petra's game at 8:45 to take Annike to her 9:00 game. Karah took Petra home for us.

Here's my little first base baby. Annike made my spirits soar this morning with her fervor for participation (stayed in the catching-a-ground-ball position for nearly the whole inning-- of which there are only two in the whole game). Her favorite part of the day was practice at running the bases. She's the only girl on her team, she hasn't seemed to notice yet. I served as 1st Base Coach.


Hitting the ball!!! She practiced last night in the basement, by the time she got to her game she was a super slugger.
As for my little Brazilian Futboler, I had the camera and didn't go to his game. Next week, Daddy will accompany little Annaslugger and I will accompany Soren the Brazilian. The camera will go with me to the games because Lars spends most of his time on the sidelines gossiping with the moms, getting jiggy in their "shelters", or pacing up and down as he watches his poor non-Brazilian try to get her head in the game. Anyway, by all accounts, Soren did very well. He played defender today, like his sister, but apparently he was, er, pretty good.
Well, I'm off to work for a night of perineum preserving baby catching.



2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Love the pics of Annike - what a cutie! I wonder how she can see from under her large brim on her hat. She's really focused.

Jamie Payne said...

I want to eat her up! Annike sure got into her game:) Petra is good at so many things...even if soccer isn't her best sport, at least she has fun.