Thursday, July 31, 2008

The old-fashioned way is getting old.

Our new place doesn't have a functional dishwasher, the kitchen is pretty raggedy and needs some attention on the sooner part of sooner-or-later. I did about 3-million dishes yesterday. Because we don't use plastic baggies in the kids' lunches, etc., we have all sorts of little re-usable containers with little tops that are very difficult to clean. By the end of my marathon dish washing session I had swollen feet from standing and tender, red hands.
Here's my new plan: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02213349000P?vName=Appliances&cName=Dishwashers&sName=Drawer%20Dishwashers. Anyone know how to get that for free?
Things continue to go very well otherwise, especially considering only one of our toilets is working. As you may recall, no job is too big or too small for my husband so I expect that toilet will be blowing a head gasket (is that even possible?) once he gets around to it in January.
We get our cable services today, I will be able to start posting pictures again very soon.

5 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Wowzer! $1499 dunero for a dishwasher is a large chunk 'o change. Pretty cool looking though. Can't wait to see photos of the new digs. You and Lars have transformed previous homes from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans. No doubt you'll do the same with this new home. Be careful where you place dishes and breakables in case you get another earthquake. Did Maggie survive?

Mama/Baby-Catcher/KellyJellyBelly/KJB/Wifey said...

Oh, yes! I failed to mention the post-earthquake sequelae . . . there was none. Maggie was fine. Our house seemed to have everything in "order". Some of you have asked, "what fell off the shelf on to you during earthquake?" It was a generic box of Kleenex that fell on me, onto my head actually. It was quite comical and stunned me speechless -- a near impossibility, I know. The other thing that fell was a soft-cover PDR (generally this is an extremely large, heavy book in hard cover that lists every drug available on the US market). Thankfully, it was not heavy. It fell on my hand.
Interesting point about the dishes and stuff, Deb. I wonder if I need to rethink placements. Probably not, since this was a fairly large earthquake and there was no damage done.

Mommela said...

I've been drooling over the Very Same dishwasher! It sure looks dreamy, doesn't it?

Jamie Payne said...

I would LOVE that dishwasher. We run ours right before we leave in the morning because it's so loud. Jason insists that until it stops cleaning the dishes, it stays. I think a new one needs to be included in the kitchen remodel budget!!! Glad Maggie made it through the earthquake:)

Lars said...

I'll have you know that the toilet was not broken. You just had to hold the handle down for a second. I fixed that tonight. And I painted the girls room over the weekend, and I painted Petra's new bed with 13 cans of spray paint primer and gloss enamel and assembled it on Sunday. Replaced the screen (with new spline) on two bedroom windows, changed the water and stove filters and spent the majority of Saturday at the beach.