Friday, July 25, 2008

Keys in hands, really, really.

We closed last evening. Kristen called to tell us as soon as she got the call, 5:21 pm. I was in shock to tell you the truth. Since then, Lars got the garage all epoxied. Petra, Soren, Annike and I cleaned the place top-to-bottom. Then, Petra and I moved all sorts of stuff. Lars is upset with me about all this because he thinks I'm out of commission now. Needless to say, we've had our first new house arguement. My mom and step=dad don't call us the Bickersons for nothing I suppose. Lars rented a truck for tomorrow. Friends have pledged to help, as well, so hopefully I won't give birth lifting a washing machine. And, miracle of miracles, we hired piano movers for our Steinway (just kidding, it's not a Steinway) which actually seemed thriftier than putting it on our 3-skateboards and rolling it the mile or so to the new house. I kind of thought the skateboard idea was a good one and it certainly seemed like Lars was considering it, the kids were very much in favor of that plan.

Okay, other news stuff . . . hmmmmmmmm.
Went to Mr. Doctor OB on Wednesday. So wierd seeing a doctor, not to mention a hairy man. He's purdy nice, though, as such I've done my best to get past that contentious XY bit. The rest of the practice is comprised of women doctors, who are average to good. Obviously, and this almost goes without saying, none one of them stands up to a good midwife but what can you do when the midwives risked you out of their practice? See an OB -- though I did consider doing my own darn prenatal care considering I owe UofM $88K for the training in the aforementioned specialty.
The shocker of the visit was the weigh-in. I came in at 130 lbs, which isn't so bad because it's just a number and I'm still a good person whether it's high or low or in between. The terrible part is that the 130 is much, much higher than my weight at the last visit, I'll spare you the details. Mr Doctor felt it was fine, but I don't think they feel they're in the position to criticize considering the collegial aspects to our relationship. Everything else was good, but can't get the weight out of my head. I shouldn't be surprised, since my last prenatal visit I believe I ate 2-dozen donuts, 1-tub of Ben and Jerry's and probably had french fries several times. The trip to San Fran was also very yummy, I imagine some damage was done there.
Today was the fetal echocardiogram, done secondary to Soren's heart stuff and the 3-benign murmurs that I have (diagnosed only once we moved out here). Mostly it went well, but I did have to recline almost flat for an hour while the tech jammed the tranducer into my belly button causing me to shriek with laughter throughout the testing. The perinatologist noted that the interface between my placenta and uterus looked fairly reassuring, hopefully we can avoid some of that placental drama that happened with Annike's birth. Ultimette's heartrate was a bit irregular during the exam, they noted my was, too. They thought there may be a correlation. I'll start antenatal testing in about 2-1/2 months and continue with monthly scans of little Ultimette, I'm not worried about missing anything given that schedule of 'surveillance'.

Petra's smokin' gymnastics coach, Lalo, wants to move her up another level. He said he was hoping to assume the coaching duties of that level so that he could keep "his girls." Have I ever mentioned that Lalo and I attended undergrad at the same time at U-M? Didn't know him, but sure is a small world, huh?

Okay, I'm going to try and find a piece of furniture to sleep on.

1 comment:

Mommela said...

A little bit of the Old Home is on its way out to the New Home, due to arrive on Wednesday. Stay hungry!