Friday, July 11, 2008

Camp Kelly

Lars and I are co-oping with a group of friends for childcare this summer. In addition to YMCA camps, each family is taking a turn hosting "camp". It helps cut down on the costs associated with paying for 3-kids' summer camp tuition for the entire break. Anyway, this week was Camp Kelly, chez nous at the stinky rental.
Annike gave up her shi-shi this week. It was a tearful event. Lars did the ceremony solo because I was working (of course). They took the one remaining shi-shi that we could locate and put it in a box for our new baby. Annike has asked about it several times since, but has done quite
well without it.
So far so good with the foreclosed house. We have done everything on our end, we're just waiting for the bank that presently owns the house to finish on their end. We're still planning on a July 23rd close date. Cross your fingers for us!
I'm trying a new way to post pictures, click here for a slide show of the above events. Click on the picture for the caption. If you can't get it to work, blame my sister, Our Crazy Life, she's the one who gave me step-by-step instructions.
In other news, we're working on baby names. Her middle name will be Margaret after Grandma Peg. If she was going to be a boy, her middle name would have been Paul Bruckert after my great-uncle. For those of you who know us well (or those of you who can deduce from the other children's names), Lars insists on solid Scandinavian names that can be found on ancient Viking inscriptions. I, quite obviously, would love a beautiful French name, but Lars complains that all French names are like their cheeses . . . stinky.

6 comments:

Mommela said...

Please give Annike our heartiest congratulations on her major step toward Big Girl-hood! I remember how hard it was for Lea...

Ooooh, baby names are fun! My niece is Reidun ("Rye-dune" if you were in Norway, "Ree-dun" if you're here). Just a thought!

tishr said...

Hey Kelly,
I can't get through my charts let alone have time to create a totally awsome blog, raise three kids, surf, work full time and all the other stuff you do.
I/we miss you at HFH something fierce!!!(and not just because you were the youngest and healthies.)
I'll try to email seperate and catch you up on the HFH gossip.
take care.
Luv, Tish

Jamie Payne said...

Apparently, I gave pretty good instructions because your slideshow with comments turned out great! Luckily, the boys never liked pacifiers. Jameson sucks his thumb though and prefers to sleep with us. If I could just get him to sleep in his own bed...all night...I'd be in great shape. I made a pact with myself that when he turns 3 we'll work on the thumb. Good luck with the name thing. Jason and I have a hard time agreeing as well.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Great news Kelly....and your Grandmother Peg would be so pleased to know she will be remembered in her new great grand daughter. As you know, she was one or your biggest fans. I remember when your 'binky' was decomissioned (not quite a shi-shi but the same thing)....it was wasn't it....I mean you still don't have it do you?). Somehow it kind of unraveled and got smaller every week until it disappered entirely.
Good luck with the house.....let us know !!

Had to use Deb's user name....Love, Dad

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I see Jamie's Flikr instructions worked well...LOVE the slideshow. Poor Annike looks so pitifully sad. Whatever name you and Lars decide for baby Ultimette will be as lovely and unique as Petra, Annike, and Soren (I can say lovely for him too, can't I?). Gramma Peg would be so pleased to have her name remembered. That is quite an honor. She loved you very much and always admired your free spirit. We'll continue to keep our fingers crossed that all goes well with your house closing. Wish ours would sell. Maybe you can send some of your luck our way.

Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Hugs,
Debbie

Chere said...

Hello Kelly, My name is Chere. I love your sister and GA. Mom. Jamie and Debra are the best. Of course, we could not have Scrap Club with out our handy man Doughboy. I am married to a 1st generation American from Denmark. His Dad moved to America when he was in his early 30's. Frede did not teach his children to speak Danish or give them Danish names. I wish he had. I really wanted to name our son Jensen. But that did not happen.
I hear a lot about you and your kids from Jamie. Good luck with your move, new home and new baby. How brave you must be to move cross country with 3 kids and one on the way.
I look forward to checking back with you often. You can find me at Miss Priss Follies on Debra's blog.
Chere