Sunday, August 17, 2008

Looooooong time!

Well, I finally made it through the past two very hectic work weeks. It was a triumph to get through it all without breaking down and crying once or without calling in sick. In fact, I've yet to call in sick in the year that I've been with this practice, they all think I'm Super Woman. I just haven't fallen prey to viruses here like I used to in MI and the kids have been the same. For all of you bump watchers, here is what a woman carrying a viable fetus looks like . . . elated! (viable as in if she were born today she would live)

Below illustrates why I hate sprinkler systems. My husband tried to subtly address it without my noticing, obviously I noticed. BTW, this is our new house.



My awesome threesome: Petra, 7, Annike, 3, Soren, 5.
The weekend has been good so far. Petra starts 2nd grade
tomorrow and Soren starts kindergarten.


A late night of watching Olympics.


Petra, Maddie, and Taylor, a.k.a., the Billie Girls (the name of their new country rock band)

On Friday, some of my lady friends and I got together for our first ever meeting of the Finer Things Club. It was fun, but some people may have had a little too much fun (it's not often we get out, you see) and for a good percentage of our group the evening ended in clutching the toilet as they stared into it, mouths agape, expelling excess "toxins," and for others there was falling asleep half-way through our "meeting."

4 comments:

Mommela said...

Happy First Day of 2nd Grade, Petra!

Happy First Day of Kindergarten, Soren!

Happy Preschool Day, Annike!

(We tried to call all your known numbers; has your home phone changed?)

XXX, Kj & Co.

Mommela said...

And you look wonderful, Kell, absolutely wonderful. Give me a jingle/email to let me know dates that work--check your email, 'k?

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Can't believe how big the kids are getting. Two in school, two to go. Of course you look fabulous, as you always do. Pregnancy agrees with you!

Jamie Payne said...

You look beyond fabulous...and oh so happy! I can't believe that Petra is starting 2nd grade. I still remember her at 6 months for our wedding. Boy has time flown!