Sunday, August 24, 2008

In which Annike learns about same-sex partnerships.

Soren is out at the driving range with Gramma, I don't know what time they left but it was before any of the rest of us bothered to open our eyes.

The girls have been working hard since 7:55 a.m.

(Remember, all of Petra's dialogue should be said with the R's absent)

Petra: We can both be the mommies. That's how some families do it.

Annike: Ackally, ChwaChwa you thould be da Pwince and I will be da bee-you-ih-fuw Pwincess Mommy. (Actually, Petra, you should be the Prince and I will be the beautiful Princess Mommy.)

Petra: I don't want to be the Pwince. Let's just both be mommies, trust me I know it can work.

Annike: Yeah, tho. (Yeah, sure.)

Petra: Our American Girls need beds. We need tools.

Annike: Yeah, beds.


Making beds for their American Girl dolls.

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

They are soooo cute! Some of my fondest memories were of making a house and furniture out of cardboard boxes and blankets. I love their imagination, same sex or not. It's part and parcel of living in California. I just read the article in People about Ellen and Portia's wedding. The brides were lovely!

Jamie Payne said...

OMG...they are soooooooo cute! Kids have the best imaginations. So did their same-sex scenario work out in the end?