Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School








So far so good! I dropped Petra off at Mr. M's class, she seemed very confident. She and Maddie are together again this year, which certainly seemed to help her. I didn't recognize any other children. Then I busted over to Soren's class, Ms. C, where Soren and Lars and Annike were attending the kindergarten orientation. Soren seemed a bit tentative. Leaving the school this morning was tough, I felt like crying but I didn't. Soren handled the farewells rather well. I'm so proud of him. I can't wait to pick them up this afternoon. Then we go to pick up my mom from the train station, then it's off to soccer, and then to work at the hospital for me.

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I don't know if it's hormones, letting go of your baby boys, or both. But you and Jamie have had a tough time of it lately. It's the hardest part about being a Mom. It's a parent's struggle to watch your children grow, them wanting independence, and you wanting to hold on. Soren looks so grown up. Have a nice visit with your Mom, Kel.

Chere said...

They looks so cute with their new back pack and clothes. Soren looks ready for school. He will do great. It is very hard for Mothers to let go of their little boys. The first time I looked over and my sons feet touched the floor in the car, I almost cried. Ayden summed it up, "Mimi is already putting a brick on my head". Don't you wish you could. You have to be so proud of them.

Mommela said...

Those life-changing moments are tough, aren't they? Before we became parents, a friend counseled us to never wish away any phases or ages because they never come again and they are oh so fleeting. A new era has begun at the Engstrom house!