Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm hungry, wanna donut and am booked for the next 13-weekends.

The Donut Dilemma


Is it okay for me to eat donuts in a willy-nilly fashion? What if I make them myself from locally ground, organic flour? Then would it be okay? Would it just be better if I bought them from the local Vietnamese donutier (it's a French word, I've decided, and to make it official I will contact the French gubment very soon -- I'm French, ya' know -- I'm also a run-on sentencer). Anyway, here's a recipe http://ecovegan.blogspot.com/2008/03/vegan-whole-wheat-donut-recipe.html, and it looks totally nauseating. So, I'm thinking I should just get me donies from the local Vietnamese donutier (doh-gnuuuu-tea-ay). The question is, with what frequency is appropriate for a 5'5" tall, small-framed woman who has had a 14lb weight gain in 26-weeks?

Which Way Do I Go?


In other news, I finally have the schedules for my sweet pooky-punks' sports teams. Thar be a dilemma. As I was penning the games into my calendar I realized with nauseating dread that on 4 of the upcoming 13-weekends all three of my rug rats have Saturday games (t-ball or soccer) at exactly 0900 hours. Now, in reality, there is nothing more gut-busting than watching your 3-year old play t-ball. It's a raucus, laugh inducing scenario that leaves my abs feeling tense and firm, thusly, leaving me no option but to regularly attend Annabeaners games. Then there's the issue of Soren and Petra's soccer games. Soren plays soccer like a Brazilian futbol pro and with the civility of a certain pregnant woman in a donut store. The games are rousing, tense and always end with my son (the Brazilian) scoring a minimum of 5-goals as he tramples over the other players (both opposing team and his own) towards the net where a little baby goalie is sucking his fingers on the one-hand and holding his weenie with another. Finally, there's my oldest hooligan, who is a great athlete but lacks some of the natural oomph that her younger brother has. In short, she's a bit of a field flop, lacks aggressiveness or the desire to win. She loves her teammates, Maddie and Taylor, and is happy to have 'playtime' with them. Who do we watch? And to top it all off, we are anticipating a certain little French/Scandinavian/premier-Californian baby's debut around that 13th weekend. Should I go to her birth or Petra's game? Not sure there's much choice in the matter, you know, since I've typically been required at the births of my other children.
Here is my Brazilian son playing soccer with swimming goggles on. Pic taken with my crappy camera. If I don't get a new camera wrapped in a new Honda Odyssey for my approaching birthday then the FoB (Father of Brazilian) is gonna git it.

Next time I post it will be about The End of Decaying Organic Material in the Front Yard But Not the Back.

3 comments:

Mommela said...

Geezelooeeze woman, I miss having you around!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Hmmm...I think you have a full calendar! Love the swim goggles on Brazilian boy. It adds a bit of savoir-faire. As for the donuts, go for donute holes. There's zero calories in the holes. I prefer Krispy Kreme - yum!

Jamie Payne said...

Once again you've got me laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt! Lars had better get you that new camera because I want to see lots of pictures of Annike's tball games! These are definitely the times when I wish I lived closer to my neices and nephew...I want to go to their games:(