Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wanna Be

Last night at dinner (it was Spaghetti Wednesday -- nothing alliterative about that), Annike told us:
"I wanna be a teachow (teacher) when I'm big. The kids should be scheven yew owd, eight yew owd (seven years old, eight years old). And Tova. Alscho, I will teach schience."


Then Petra jumped in:
"Fowst I wanna be in the Olympics like Shawn Johnson. Then, ummm, whewe do people live whewe thewe's lots of land?"
"Ummm, Montana?" (that was me)
"And snow! You'll get lots of snow." (Lars said that)
"Yeah, Montana. I wanna live thewe and have a fawm that people can visit. But, they have to pay fow theiw own duck food."


Then, we do what comes naturally, and we all turn to Soren:
"What do you want to be, Soren?"
"I don't know."
"Come on, think of something."
Lars listed a whole bunch of options.
"I guess I'll be a soccer player." (He answered grudgingly.)
Discussion ensues. We discuss the plausibility of being a career soccer player (as if Petra's Olympic intentions are plausible, but the peanut gallery remained silent on that one).
"I'm a good punter, I'll be the punter on a football team."
More discussion, Lars suggests he could be the coach of the kicker on the football team.
"I'll be a soccer coach."
More discussion.
"I'll be a football coach."
Everyone is cringing
Our son, the Amazing Soren, with dreams of becoming a professional ball kicker.




If you asked me, I think I'd kind of like to own a wedding dress shop. Weird, huh? I just really like those pretty dresses.


2 comments:

Mommela said...

Oooooh! I'll own the wedding dress shop with you! I once worked at a costume shop and it's sort of the same thing, only prettier and a little less skeevy.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I want to create/own Hobby House - a location for hobbiests interested in crafting: scrapbooks, stamping, jewelry, stained glass, and photography.