Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pain and Suffering and Metaphors

Poor Magdalena Humphindunkingsmumkingdinger with her case of the Infamous San Diego Fleas (nearly resolved after a session with Crazy Leslee, the Groomer Extraordinaire) that nag and itch like a $30 prom dress from K-Mart.

Annabeaner, with eyes like a big pizza pie, and her hi-lo fever between 99.9 and 102.0 all day long. (I mentioned nothing about original metaphors.)


Sorry Soren with a fever of 103.0 and a hacking cough that sounds like an axe hitting a maple tree in winter.


And finalement ma chere Tova who is growing nicely and feels like a zip-lock bag filled with vegetarian vanilla pudding.
Petra was back at school today, but mentioned a headache that she failed to tell her teacher about and a sore throat -- now we've probably got the whole ding class uber infected because no matter how many times I tell that girl to cough into her elbow she coughs into her hand. Now whaddya suppose that class pencil sharpener looks like? Buggy!
Lars is busy training some guy from China how to do all their jobs out here so that pfarma can start outsourcing and fire all their US workers.
Me? I'm beginning to feel like a donkey pile drived me into MRSA cause man oh man do I feel like dook. Plus, holy piss, I am going back to work next week and it is just k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. I just wanna vomit all over our country's stupid policy on maternity "leave". Lord help me. Or at least pfarma . . . this could be their chance to do the right thing for once and give my husband a $57K raise and the title of Solo Breadwinner. Puhhhhhhhhlease? Somebody? Anybody?

2 comments:

Jamie Payne said...

Oh my...the look on Annike's face is enough to bring me to tears! It's not easy when your babies are sick:( Hopefully Tova makes it out fever free!

Mommela said...

Those poor peanuts! I hope they're feeling better--and not infectious--very soon. We're in the final stages of preparation out here in the land of 18-degrees!