Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

5-Months of Sheer Bliss and Harmony
Yesteray, when I was trying to leave the house to pick up the kids from school Tova pooped out of her diaper and leggings. She was sitting on her little rug. I swooped her up before it oozed out on the rug and changed her in a jiffy, new pants and all. I put her down on her rug to wash my hands, as I was drying my hands she pooped out of her diaper again and onto her jeans! I grabbed her, noticed the poo had met the rug, ran with Tova to her changing table. Changed her in a jiff with new pants and socks and shirt and then ran back to the rug to clean up the sqiurties before Maggie did. Put Tova down on her bouncy chair, sitting like she was in the above picture, and cleaned up the poo. I started to put her in her car seat, 5-minutes to go until the bell rang at Petra and Soren's school when . . . kerpow! Out the diaper, out of the 3rd pair of pants for the day and onto shirt #2 (no pun intended). Back to the changing table, new diaper, new shirt, new pants and new socks because she kicked her little feet into her messy dipey. I tossed that mostly nakey baby into her car seat, threw a blankie over her and sped off to kids' school a la Cruella DeVille where I arrived 5-minutes late. We ran to get Annike from her school and then raced home to get to all those poo-ies on the changing table before Maggie did. Whew. Arrived home to all the poopies in their diapers and not out on the lawn just in front of the doggy door. Cleaned it all up as well as the rest of the house because I had worked the night before and don't nobody cleans up after themselves when Mama is workin'. This, of course, makes me huffy so I get to cleaning the rest of the house when I realize that I have 37-seconds to get girls to gymnastics. We fly out the door with leotards half-on, arrive to gymnastics with warm-ups underway. I collapse in a chair, phew, take off my fleece and holy crap! . . . there is orange baby poo smeared across my white shirt.

5 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Oh my...I don't miss those days.

Jamie Payne said...

Ava fills her pants in the morning as we're trying to walk out the door. Never fails. Yesterday I got to work, looked in the mirror and realized she had puked down my back. Good times:)

Mommela said...

My, Tova seems to be an over-achiever in the poop department! You may have had poop on your shirt, but you took care of your kids and got them where they needed to be. Brava, Mamma!

cour-ten-ay said...

OK KVik - I have one word for you: PAMPERS. I love your globe-friendly efforts but that child needs to be contained with some not-so-earth-friendly plastics. I am thinking of including a pack in PetraPotamus' bday gift on Sat.

sarah b said...

If that had been Chad, he would have thrown 3 outfits away.