Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pokey

All of my babies together.


Today was an uneventful day where I didn't once cross the threshhold of my front door to step outside. Karah took the "big kids" to school for us. Lars drove my mom to the train station so she could catch her plane and then he took Annike to school. I sat in the rocking chair and then in bed. I took pain meds. Lars dug out the heating pad for me. I fed Tova, she continues to do a good job. Tova and I took a nap. Lars went to get the kids from school. They all filed in my room quietly to come check out Tova, she was the recipient of millions of kisses again. I showed Annike and Petra the staples on my belly, Annike made gagging noises. Lars sat the kids down to do homework, then he took the girls to gymnastics. Soren and I chilled out in the family room and watched TV. Karah came over with Kaitlyn and brought us a dinner that she intentionally made with high-in-iron kidney beans. Soren held Tova until Daddy came home from gymnastics. We all ate dinner. Petra took a shower. The older kids brushed their teeth and got their fluouride treatments. Annike got a book read to her, Soren and Petra committed some sort of family felony and so were bookless tonight. Lars and Annike changed Tova's diaper and put her in jammies. Lars left for Target to buy me a manual breastpump to relieve some of the engorgement until the breastpump that we're borrowing from Chad and Sarah arrives. I've been able to increase how much I'm walking today, I even carried Tova a little bit. Tomorrow we go to see Mr Doctor OB about some staple removal and a check on my vital signs. Tova has an appointment at the Puppy Mill, er, big and busy pediatric office after that. In the afternoon, Lars has a long overdue dental appointment. Karah will bring Petra and Soren home from school for us. Daddy will pick Annike up from dance class after her school day is done. I'm sure the next day will be the same and the day after that and so on, well, with one exception (hopefully!) . . . I really hope my boobs get a little smaller. I certainly have a soft spot in my heart for Dolly Parton these days.
All my love,
Kelly Staple Belly
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mommela said...

It sounds like you're in those perfect, hazy days with a brand new baby. Mazel tov(a)! I'm so grateful you've got dearhearts out there to help take care of you since we're too far away to do it ourselves.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

This is a beautiful photo of your four children. They are all perfect little replicas of you and Lars! Congrats on the arrival of baby Tova and good luck on your recovery. It's a lot to get your arms around so early after delivering a baby but you always did amaze me by your fortitude, tenacity, and Wonder Woman ability. You have always done what you set your mind to. Enjoy the time you have with your babies - they are grown and on their own in a blink of an eye.

Chad Rector said...

awwwww!