Friday, December 5, 2008

1-Week Old: A Week In Review

Our Little Tova is one week old today. I am incredibly grateful for her and all of my children. Lars and I shared a couple of moments today, each alternating seeking out one another for reassurance and getting much more in return. Because we've known each other since we were little kids, I can't tell you how amazing it is to reflect on our metamorphoses. Those of you who know my husband think the world of him, especially in his commitment to his daddy role. This is the most endearing feature, even though the person I fell in love with was a spunky teenager I'm in love with the same person today and yet he's now a loving man with 4-children. It's all been so wonderful.

And now let the Week-In-Review Begin
Soren, age 5, with Tova

The biggest sister, Petra, age 7

Tova Margaret, Beautiful Thunder

Amazing baby-wearing, fluoride-treatment applying, wonderful husband Daddy-man

My darling baby, Annike, age 3 holding the littlest sister, Tova, 5-days old

And now for some before and after . . .
The morning of Tova's birth.

Staples . . . sorry, they're so darn gnarly but I really needed to share.








2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

And because I've known you both since you were mere children, I can say I am extremely proud of the adults and parents you are today. You have amazingly beautiful children who imitate their parents to perfection. Happy one week birthday, Tova!

Mommela said...

Yes, undoubtedly Lars is a great daddy, husband, and friend. But let's not forget you, Kell; you're also an amazing mommy, wife, and friend. It's been an honor to journey with the two of you, especially these last couple of years that have presented so many challenges and to see how you work together to make the best choices you can for your babies and each other. It's a privilege to know you.