Saturday, December 27, 2008

Grateful

I am grateful because:
1) I no longer have to try to remember what side to feed Tova on because she's taking both sides. No more sloping ta-tas, yahooo! Now, if I could just get her to spread out her nighttime feedings from every 1-hour to every5-hours . . .
2) Maggie was groomed the other day so now we have a reprieve from doggy smells.
3) we have health insurance! We received an "Explanation of Benefit Payments" from BCBS, my hospitalization for Tova cost $13,826.64.


Me and Mary (my MIL)
4) we have a self-cleaning oven, which means that I didn't have to scrape drippings from Lars' Roast out of the oven. Never mind that the self-cleaning oven mode filled the house with burning cow smells and burning cow smoke, 2-days later and the house is finally cleared of carnage.
5) this crazy SoCal weather is over. It was very chilly, like in the 40's. Plus, it was raining. Poor me. All you Northern folks may start thinking things about my disposition (and yours for that matter) but you need to remember that I've just never been cut out for frigidity. I'm fragile in the cold. I like places like the Equator. Yep. We're in the high 50's/low 60's today with a bit of sun.

Little Annike
6) Tova is eating like an oinky pig all night long but we still love her in morning despite not getting any sleep.

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

The photo of Annike is previous! She looks just like you, Kel.

Anonymous said...

..........I think Deb meant "precious". Clearly the New Year's Eve festivities have starterd earlier than anticipated.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Getting up this morning to go to work - while your dad got to stay home - wasn't bad enough. He had to call me, at work, to tell me I have a typo in the comment I left on your blog. Hmmm... wouldn't you assume he had better things to do than spell check my comment? I'm trying to work here! Anyway, yes. To set the record straight. I meant to say "precious"; not "previous". So sorry for any confusion. You're a mother of four - I think you understand confusion.