Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Licking the Dirt Off of Potatoes and Other Things That Have Come to Mind Lately

PART A
Is that weird, you know, to wanna lick the dirt off of some grimy redskin potatoes? I think this anemia thing has gone way, way overboard.

PART B
Proposition 8 has gotten to be one of the scariest ballot measures out there. We had a similar pot of pee pee in MI a few years ago that unfortunately went the wrong way. Petra is horrified by the Prop 8 people. My poor little 7-year old was reduced to tears one afternoon when there were an unusual number of Prop 8 supporters at the intersections the other day. "Mommy," she screamed "they're everywhere. What are we going to do?" She was crying. Petra, God bless her, cannot fathom why there are people out there that have so much hate in their hearts. Quite frankly, I cannot understand that either. What does it matter to them? Where's the Christian love that they speak of? Why do they hate so damn much? Good old 3-year old little Annike, the best comic timing in the world, managed to shout out the open window from her toddler car seat "Gay is great! No on 8!" Gotta love her.
Yesterday, Lars had the kids and Maddie and Taylor in the car as they drove by a group of Yes On Prop 8'ers and a smaller group of No on Prop 8'ers. He heard Petra telling her girlfriends about Prop 8 and why it is bad. She turned to Maddie, who has politically sage parents, and asked her if she knew about Prop 8. Maddie knows about Prop 8. She turned to both girls and said something to the effect of "we have to vote no on Prop 8 because my grandpa is gay." Taylor in turn says, "yeah, my dad's the gay architect." Lars had a good laugh, number one because Greg (Taylor's daddy) is not gay, but secondly because when he asked her what in the world she was talking about she said "yeah, I don't get it."
And for the record, even in the absence of gay grandpas, there is no way Lars and I would ever stoop to the dessicant, soulless, rotting levels of our counterparts and vote yes on Prop 8.
Part C
Ice is really, really good.
Part D
Ultimette moves like a snake, all writhey and twisty. I wonder if she has any limbs. I know she has hair. Probably chocolaty brown hair. I've been eating a lot of brownies with my new brownie pan, courtesy of Big Brother Chad and fam, in which every piece is an edge piece. Saved my marriage, I tell ya. Now, I can't decide if this section is about snakes, babies or brownies. I think I need to revisit awful Mrs. Mitchell's senior AP English class for a refresher.
Part E
The other thing on my mind is a good book I read. I would save it for book club, but I am a book club drop out. I can't take it anymore. The book is called Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. Good laughs, good cries.
Part F
My brain is rattling around from all my ice crunching. Will I still have this infatuation when I'm not pregnant?

3 comments:

Display said...

You'll know there's trouble when you want to drink bleach. Good luck with it.

Mommela said...

A: Yes
B: Prop 8 is all kinds of wrong
C: Maybe when you're expecting a baby, but not so much when you're expecting snow
D: Where can I get one of those brownie pans?
E: Books are good.
F: I dunno.

Chad Rector said...

D: First thing we ever bought that we first saw in the skymall catalog. You never know how your life will be improved by sitting on the runway for an hour.