Thursday, October 2, 2008

I say!

Here's what I have to say about the rare and few things that are going through my brain recently:
1) I know that pharma is spelled pharma, not pfarma. When I write about pfarma I'm alluding to the company that my husband works for. I fear that if I come right out and name the MF that the donkey-holes that are in charge will seek revenge on him. If you still can't figure out the name of his company, that's fine, all those jack-donkey companies are run by similarly evil schmucks.
2) The people who work for the pharma companies are good people, not like the people that run the companies. My husband and his colleagues go to work everyday with big plans to make the world a healthier place. All the little guys, they care a whole lot about what they're researching and developing. They believe in their missions, and their bosses support them. They want to cure malaria, AIDS, cancer, diabetes, and other stuff. Yep, it's true. Mostly good guys. Really.
3) Just so you know, I am a left-winger. I sort of consider myself a Democrat, but they're not really liberal or lovey-dovey enough for me. I'm that left. I like paying taxes (for the right reasons) . . .
4) My tax dollars for a Wall Street bail-out? Hell no!!!!! No! No! No! No! Make 'em eat it. The economy is gonna suck no matter what. Stupid butt-heads. Do I sound like a right winger? A Republican? Dude, I'm giving props to those hold-outs.
5) The beauty of capiltalism is that one has the right to make money (in low-down, schmucky ways if one chooses). The greatest beauty of capitalism is that one has the right to lose money, too. If you lose your money because you conned people into believing things about their finances, etc, that weren't true, well then . . . ya' lost your ding money. Pay the price, deal with it. Not my fault, no help here, the door is closed. TYVM. I should mention that I'm not a capitalist, though, I exist on its fringe because I occassionally reap some benefits. I'm a humanist. Mostly, humanism and capitalism are mutually exclusive. I've decided that today. It's probably true.
6) I think that if you found a baby name that you really like, you should go for it. I don't think it matters that the name isn't very feminine or gender neutral, plenty of people give girls a strong, sturdy boy names. I think that this is even more true if the name is Scandinavian and most Americans have never heard of it anyway. What they don't know won't hurt 'em. Right? Could someone please agree with me and tell my husband to get over it?
7) I saw two coyotes today. One was walking down our street, well, on the side-walk actually. It looked wily and shifty. It looked like it was a little bummed out that it was on my street at 7am with all the cars and dog-walkers. In my brain the following scenario keeps taking place: that wily and hungry coyote finds its way into my backyard where it walks into our house through the doggie door and eats Maggie. My precious little Magdalena wouldn't stand a chance. She's a little baby! Plus, she's a pacifist and a dogifist (as opposed to a humanist). Poor doggie. Maybe I should call the fire department and have them check on her? This is not just my active imagination at work, a few nights ago one of the doctors I work with lost his dog in a coyote attack that happened right in front of his eyes, as he was standing outside with his dog.
8) If your gums are bleeding and your teeth are really janky and you have a state funded medical plan which covers free dental visits from the beginning of your pregnancy until 8-weeks after you have your baby you should use it. If your medical plan is expired now and you didn't use the dental service (it's in the same building where you had been getting prenatal care this whole time) and your 7-front teeth are brown and loose and decaying I would not call this a dental problem, nor would I call it my problem, I would call it YOUR problem. Sometimes, even I have no pity in my heart. Very rarely. Today I have none, no pity. Booger mouth!

Well, I guess that's all. I have a patient to go see right now, seems like a good stopping point. Lest you fret, there's always more at work in my little hominid brain. I'll come up with some more of The World According to Kelly another day.

3 comments:

Mommela said...

You should absolutely name the new baby Turgveld and woe to anyone who gives you any smack talk about it. They'll have to answer to me, too! I'm with you on the strong Norsky names, Sister!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

In response to strong non-gender specific names...absolutely! My daughter was thought to be a boy throughout my pregnancy. Therefore, we prepared a list of boy names and none for girls. She was named Jamie; not the feminine version Jaime. I named her appropriately. She has grown to be a strong, independent, outspoken woman who is capable of doing anything she sets her mind to. Just like her sister.

Mommela said...

I found a few more strong, unconventional Scandahoovian names for you:

Adalbjorg: noble protection
Asdis: goddess
Donalda: dark one
Gunhild/Gunhilda: war-battle
Hedvig: contending war
Helga: devout
Hulda: muffled
Ingaborg: hero’s daughter (and Lars is kind of a hero)
Ingunna: hero’s daughter
Iwona: archer
Nada: hope (or "nothing" in Spanish)
Ragnhild: battle counsel
Ylwa: she-wolf

I'm particularly fond of the first one with the extra "j" thrown in.

Having lots of fun with your baby's name,
kj