Sunday, April 4, 2010

Child of Mine



After a bit of a rumbler this afternoon, in which I had to dash to the bookshelf to keep the pottery and baby pictures from falling to the floor, Petra was reduced to a shaking and shivering heap of sobs. She clung to her Daddy's leg in a doorway, crying out for help. I will admit I myself was a bit nervous when this earthquake seemed to last a bit longer than the average quivers that we tend to get. But Petra, who is normally stoic, was beside herself.
This is a child who doesn't mind being upside down mid-air.
Secretly, I'm a little glad. I love it when she needs us and comes to us to bury her wet face in our arms.
I feel compelled to say something corny, and against my better judgement --here it is: they grow up so fast!

1 comment:

Mommela said...

Like I tell Lea, she's always going to be my baby even when she's 30 and grown. No getting around that little fact.