Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Once Bitten, Thrice Shot


Smiling Super Nova Baby Tova at 6-weeks with not one, but two chins!

As if it needed to be said, because it doesn't, Tova is amazing. Today marks her 2-month birthday, with that comes the 2-month well-baby visit.
She weighed 11lbs and 8oz! I couldn't believe it. I haven't been able to find the records from the other kids' well-visits, but I think she's the biggest of them all. Isn't that nuts? She was born the smallest but has done some big-time catch-up. Her length was 23-inches, which didn't surprise me because she's been busting her toes out of the one piece jammies. Anyway, for what it's worth, she's in the 70th% for both height and weight. Fairly impressive for someone coming from a family of shorties and the like.
Last night Tova was less barky when she coughed, though when we got to the Puppy Mill she put on a good show for the pediatrician with all her hacking and barking and snot flying and sneezing. Then she ejected a massive amount of green, mucusy poo which promptly got sent to the lab to look for blood. I kind of suspect that the poos have been green and mucusy because she's swallowing all her green boogies and it just happens to be coming out in the wash. After that she was given the oral polio vaccine and 3-other leg massacring vaccines that near about made me faint when the medical assistant pounded them into Miss Growy Pants' leggies. Oh me, oh my. Tough times for this mommy.
Well, enough with baby dook and shot horror stories.
Baby Annike is a spectacular example of Viking prowess, as well. Lars and I attended her parent-teacher conference and it was said, in not so many words (so it's a good thing I can read between the lines), that Annike is the cutest and smartest student in the whole school. Her abilities far surpass those of other 3-year olds, no surprise there, and her adorableness is exceedingly exceeding. Now isn't that just something? Oh, and her teacher said she's a really good dancer.

5 comments:

amyp said...

aacch! those cheeks are killing me - so scrumptious :)

Mommela said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY GRUBBY MITS ON THAT OH-SO-ADORABLE BABY OF YOURS!

I'm sorry she had to get turned into the world's cutest little pincushion at the ped's office. I hated those visits.

Oh, and Annike IS the most amazing three year old in her school. 'nuff said.

Carolyn said...

I cried at David's first appointment with shots. Wasn't much help to him, the poor little guy.c

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking the DNA for the double chin on Tova is suspiciously familiar (looking in the mirror-wise). And Annicke...well was there ever any doubt on who would be the Democratic Senator from CA in 2045?
Petra in the Jeoffry Ballet and Soren on his John Deere doing 10,000 organic acres in Napa...same deal. Good genes those 4. Not sure about Maggie.

Jamie Payne said...

You and Lars sure do produce some of the cutest kids! I could suck Tova's cheeks right off.