Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Aaaaaaah! Aaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

My baby! My baby! She was here just last night. I kissed her in her bed, tucked her in and checked on her twice. My baby! Someone took my baby! Just yesterday she was a bright, beautiful 3-year old in my arms. Ohhhh, ohh, ohhh, my little tiny Annike.

Then overnight, my darling 3-year old Annike disappeared. Just vanished. How could this happen?

Have you seen this beautiful 3-year old child anywhere? She's gone. Never to come back, forever changed.


My 3-year old Shmooshykins is gone forever. Thoughtfully, the Toddler Monster left a 4-year old Annike instead.

Little Annike Beaner turned 4-years old at 5:49 a.m. PST. We did what we could. We crossed off her birthday on all of our calendars, we put books on her head to stunt her growth, we swaddled her and cradled her in our arms to make her small again. That little punk had other plans, and now here we are with a 4-year old. Lord have mercy on my poor mama-heart. Cause I very nearly believe that it was just yesterday when I was screaming at my husband to drive the damn car to the hospital a might bit speedier or else our baby's birth certificate would have read Place of Birth: I-94. Well that about does it. I crammed 3-babies into the tight space of 3-weeks over the span of 4-years and every ding birthday that goes by just breaks my heart.
From now on, they're all grounded from growing. Except Tova. She can grow a bit more cause my ta-tas are a little sore.

2 comments:

Mommela said...

How do these things happen? You go along thinking you're a good parent and--POOF--they go and grow up on you anyway. The nerve!

Jamie Payne said...

I just can't believe how big Annike has gotten. She is absolutely precious and looks like she was having a great time with her mommy. Happy birthday sweet baby girl!