Sunday, March 22, 2009

Refreshing Your Memory

To answer the questions about my whereabouts and status:

Cute. The kids are still as cute as ever, and (as if it could even seem possible) they are even a scoochie bit cuter since the last time I blogged a gabillion jillion years ago.




Trampoline. My brother. My husband. Ha!





Family life. Oh so damn good. Why didn't we have Tova sooner? Course, sooner wouldna been Tova, sooner woulda been Earl or Betsy and who knows . . . Meant to be, I suppose, we were meant to have that big gap between Annike and Tova. I feel like such a lucky duck. Anyway, kids are great. Family is happy.

Nephew. I am the world's luckiest aunt because I have Milo. Lord help me, he is just the darlingest person -- outside my nuclear family. Makes my cheeks get all gooey, such an amazing kid. Smart. Cute. Adorable. Genius. Not to mention he makes my Baby Annabeaner just about the happiest little cousin this side of the Atlantic. In fact, as of this moment in time, those two little guys are happily sleeping in Annike's toddler bed together. Inhaling and exhaling the same molecules of oxygen. Tomorrow, Milo leaves. Makes me wanna move to DC and set up a right-good and proper extended family situation for my kids. Just doesn't seem right to have my kids so far away from the people they cherish.

Slumber party, Milo 2-1/2 and Annike 3-3/4.

Annike and Milo

Work. Leaving home for my 14-hour nights has gotten a little bit less awful. A little bit. Since I've gone back to work, Tova has taken 3-bottles. Not 3-bottles a night, in the 4-weeks that I've been back at work 3-bottles TOTAL. Lars has been bringing her over to our favorite neighbor's house because she was able to get 3-oz into Tova one night. Never again since, but she's still our favorite neighbor so the two of them still conspire together how to get Tova to take bottles. Poor Tova. She's wasting away. Starving. See?
Her cheeks are hollowed out.

Her ribs are protruding.
She's even had to resort to eating her fingers.
Car. Still driving two POS's. Found the perfect car on Autotrader today. A Sprinter. Lars, well you should know right now he's trying to rub my back to make amends (and ladies, we all know what a back rubbin' man has in mind - it may start out as an apology but it usually ends up with him having ulterior motives and no sirree I'm holding my frigid, frozen tundra ground on this one) . . . where was I? Oh yes, the car. Perfect car. Perfect price. Perfectly irrational mate who has other ideas about what he "pictures" himself driving. Well, picture this buddy! Picture you giving your own self those sly little back rubs because my back is busy pretending it's leaning against the seat of the perfect vehicle. Pow!

3 comments:

Mommela said...

Ooooh! Recent pictures makes me miss you more than I usually do! And Tova, poor thing, I can see how she's just wasting away...

Stay strong on the Sprinter issue, Kel, and it will be yours!

amyp said...

hahaha - good luck on the sprinter :)

i know i sound like a broken record, but my goodness, i just want to nibble on tova's squishy little cheeks. so cute!

sarah b said...

We finally got home around 6:30 pm. Milo was crying and saying, "Annike, Annike. Mommy, where's Annike?" I told him that she is at her house and he started crying again and said that he missed her.