Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A couple things to update/follow-up on:


1) the sprinkler thing is resolved for now, after a bit of searching Lars found the water shut-off for the sprinkler system. The dolphins have gone home. Lars and I mostly made up.


2) I felt really drained for the 1st 30-hours after Rosa died, but right now I'm feeling better. I guess I have more positive feelings than negative feelings about the way everything went, as sad as it was it was a beautiful moment. I still like being a midwife and I'm going to stick with it (unless the lottery pans out, in which case I'll be a home-schooling, stay-at-home mom with a vegetarian food show on the Food Network on the side).


3) Gay marriage has been legalized in CA. It's very exciting. I hope it sticks, unlike the first time.


4) We have an offer on a house, it's the short-sale gone foreclosure. We'll know more next week.





And now for the rest:


Losing Rosa has really shaken my already pathetic confidence in my own pregnancy. Certainly my own personal pregnancy losses have affected that, but then there's also a curse of being in the field and "knowing too much." I get a bit agitated when people say congratulations, etc, because all I can think about is getting this baby out alive AND on-time. I've done it before (3-times!), I'm not sure why I'm so jittery this time around. A good friend of mine just told me she's pregnant, she's also a midwife, and she's going through all the same emotions. Makes me feel less crazy.





Anyway, Ultimo really started getting rambunctious yesterday and has been moving more often ever since. Thank you Ultimo! Plus, I'm feeling less nauseated and haven't had any bouts of emesis in a while. The following scene was a while ago when I was 9 or 10-weeks pregnant. I took a doppler home from work so the kids could hear our new baby.

Okay, well time for baths, teeth, and Oil of Olay.

Peace and love.

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

We all deal with occupational hazards in some way or another...but it's nothing compared to your profession AND being pregnant AND dealing with the ups and downs of other expectant parents. What ever you're paid, it isn't enough. Thanks goodness for compassionate caring people like you! I'm sure you're well loved and appreciated by the expectant mommies you help.

Glad to hear Ultimo is doing well. Can't wait to hear if he is a she or she is a he...well, you know what I mean. I love reading your blog and keeping in touch!

Mommela said...

Oh, by the way, Kjirsten is a lovely Scandanavian name, if Ultimo turns out to be of the female persuasion! Petra, Soren, Annike, and Kjirsten. I like it! Besides, you're not really Scandanavian if you don't have that odd extraneous j in there somewhere.

Fingers crossed on the house!
Missing you, kj