Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chevaliers de la table ronde . . .

"Chevaliers de la table ronde . . .", it's an old French drinking song. Some of my mom's French buddies taught it to me long before I knew the difference between cabernet sauvignon and riesling. Not that I didn't know my colors at the age of 4, but when you're a little half-breed traipsing across the European continent in a 20-year old Peugot with an equally aged tent to you wine is just wine, regardless of the color.
Mostly these days, I'm trying to drink more wine. It's better for my heart, it's better for my initial 2-3 hours of sleep and night, and it's better for my husband that I'm cross-eyed when I swat at him for farting on me.
Tovey doesn't mind it. But what I really should be drinking is dark beer because my breastmilk supply is pitiful. Heineken Dark and a couple of tabs of fenugreek.
I just wanted to check in, say hi and tell you to come back for a visit soon. I'm working on some thoughts, trying to figure out how they'll sound on "paper".
Much love from your glass-is-half-full, hen-loving, mother of four but wantin' more,
Kelly

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great memories of driving and singing across Europe!

Mommela said...

Hey, I was taught old drinking songs, too! Ah, there's nothing like the sound of a ukulele and a preschooler singing, "Drinking beer in a cabaret and was I having fun, until one night, she caught me right, and now I'm on the run. Lay that pistol down, babe, lay that pistol down. Pistol packing momma, lay that pistol down!" Of course, I taught it to my child, and I can play it on the uke myself, too!

Mommela said...

(I guess Janesville, WI doesn't have the same panache as Europe...)

Mommela said...

More please. It's been too long!