Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quickie!

Speedy, speedy, quick, quick.

I'm ok. Really, I am. Sometimes it's hard, but my kids are good, and I'm good. I'm trying to make everything work out perfectly, and even if it doesn't the world will be a better place just for having tried.

The big news around here is that we're leaving for Las Vegas in a few minutes. We're driving out on Lars' wheels with the whole famdamnly to cheer on Petra at her first big gymnastics meet. My parents are meeting us out there, probably as moral support for Lars and me cuz that man and I are near bout jelly inside with all our nervies. I'm not worried about her performance or anything, I'm just nervous thinking about her being nervous. Well, that and a squeech nervous about doing her gymnastics hairdo with all that mousse and hairspray and glitter.

Please send love and courage to Petra as she heads out for her first big girl adventure.

PS - I just got back from the dentist! Did all my pre-crown/follow-up root canal business. He said I have beautiful teeth, 3 of which need fillings. $700 out-of-pocket to fix me up good like. Just saying -- if you got any cash just laying around my dentist sure could use it on my behalf.

3 comments:

Mommela said...

Go, Petra, go! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Dang. With a title like "quikie" I was hoping for something much different. Love to Petrapotomus nonetheless.

Jamie Payne said...

Ha! Sure wish we had the money tree in our backyard:) Jason went to the dentist yesterday only to find out that he too needs a root canal and crown...total out of pocket is going to be $975! Yikes!

Good luck to Petra!