Monday, August 24, 2009

Now You Can Begin to Understand

See, the deal is that I want to blog everyday. I want to tell you all the true, funny stories that happen to my family and me. I have tons of ideas swimming around in my head and mean to have them down on that virtual paper the moment they come to me. That's my plan.

Thing is, this is what typically happens: With my mom here, which makes things easier and less complicated, I theoretically have more time to catch-up on everything. But what really happens is that I sit down to nurse Tovey right before I plan to blog. But then I have to help Soren blow his nose right after that. After that I have to go wash my hands. As soon I wash my hands, I hear Annike calling me from the potty. She needed some help wiping. Washed my hands again, only to find that Tova has pooped out. Onsie off, baby in the shower. Then dry her off, calendula to her tushie, moisturizer all over. We make it back out to the family, Petra has single-handedly turned it upside-down and then vacated the premises. I chase after her, regaling her with the virtues of cleaning up after oneself.

After supervising Petra, I finally sit down to tell you the funny thing that happened on the way to the _________ when I realize that I've forgotten what I was going to say but have some vague sense that it really wasn't that funny anyhow.

Anyway, Annike was starting to look like green haired muppet with all the chlorine in her hair (see her ends in the above photo?). Today, I took her to the nearby children's' salon where they offer a treatment for just this problem. In spite of all our new cost cutting behaviors, part of Operation Finance a Home Addition, I left that little kiddie salon having spent $27-dollars getting the green out and the ends trimmed off. She is now fully restored to blond with hair texture that no longer resembles sticky, moldy hay. Earlier, before all the aforementioned nose-blowing, buns-wiping, daughter scolding hullabaloo, there was a really funny angle to this story. It evades me now.

More tomorrow.

But then again . . .

3 comments:

Mommela said...

We'll take even the unfunny stuff because we miss you so much!

Carolyn said...

Tell us more about the prospective home addition. You know I love remodeling. We are happy to hear from you whenever and whatever you have to say. :o)

Jamie Payne said...

I hear ya. I used to blog daily but now I can barely fit in once a week! And then the stuff that I wanted to talk about yesterday or the day before no longer seems that important because we've already moved onto something new. It's okay though...I still check your blog daily:)